Tonight’s profile is a pretty simple and popular one. We’re going to climb to the top of the pyramid, and then back down.
My folks really appreciate it when I give them a visual, so here is what I came up with to help them visualize the ride:
After a proper warmup, you will go through each “block” two times before going to the next. For example, the first block looks like this:
- 15 seconds: seated flat
- 15 seconds: fast flat
- 15 seconds: seated climb
- 15 seconds: jumps on a hill (4 ct.)
- 15 seconds: standing climb
Then go through the sequence again:
- 30 seconds: seated flat
- 30 seconds: fast flat
- 30 seconds: seated climb
- 30 seconds: jumps on a hill (4 ct.)
- 30 seconds: standing climb
As you climb the pyramid, the times increase and as you descend, the times decrease.
As far as recovery goes, feel free to take them during your seated/standing flats.
- SEF=Seated flat
- FF=Fast flat
- SEC=Seated climb
- JOH=Jumps on a hill
- STF=Standing flat
- ST ATTACK=Standing attack (Add resistance, pick up the pace!)
- NOTE: The sprints on the last two blocks are seated. The first two (1:00 and :45- and even the next block’s :30 are more “accelerations” than true sprints.
Here is the playlist that goes with the profile:
I hope you will have as much fun with this one as I will! I know my explanation was brief, so message me if you have questions about the profile. 🙂
Have a fantastic weekend!