Thanks to Jessica over at the Fit Talker (and eater) blog for nominating me for The Liebster Award!
Here are the rules: Tell 11 facts about yourself, answers the questions posed by the person who nominated you, make up 11 questions of your own, and nominate 11 people.
I have accepted a blog award from Amanda @ her Spinmuse blog a while back, and I shared some things about myself in that post, so I am trying not to duplicate any of the oh so exciting information that I shared with you then.
Here are 11 (new) things about me:
1. I trained for and rode in a 100 mile bike ride this past May, (and I will do it again this coming May), but I do not have any desire to ride a road bike for fun or recreation. Not that the training and the ride itself was not fun, I just don’t enjoy riding by myself or even with small groups.
2. I love my job. Sounds super corny, I know. I think I can honestly say that I am in the minority here, and I do consider myself lucky every day to be a kindergarten teacher.
3. I love my other job. I guess if you call teaching a few spin classes a week a job. If I could make a living teaching spin, I would.
4. I have two boys going to middle school. Wow, I feel old when I say that. I know that before I know it they will be off to college, so I am going to try my hardest to get through these next few years with a smile. 🙂
5. I hate french pedicures. (Is that even what they are called?) And I also hate those fancy pedicures that everyone is getting these days (unless of course, you’re 10, in which case they are pretty cute.) But I especially hate when people leave the white tips. Nothing like telling the world that you need to clip your toenails. I always have mine painted in the summer-they are actually a greyish/purple color right now, but nothing grosses me out more than long toenails, even if they’re supposed to look pretty.
6. I played basketball in high school-crazy huh? I’m only 5’3″, but I can shoot the rock baby.
7. I am terrified of thunderstorms.
8. I own a ridiculous amount of music. I just checked my iTunes and I have over 4,000 songs in my library. That’s 11.1 days worth of music. That seems like a lot to me. But how would I teach kick ass spin classes without it, right?
9. I don’t like Oprah. I think that’s interesting just because so many people seem to like her. And I’m not a big fan of Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz or Suze Orman either.
10. I hate crowds. I go to Walmart at 6 in the morning so I don’t have to deal with how crazy it gets later in the day.
11. I’m addicted to the Olympics right now! I will be so sad when they are over and I don’t have anything to watch on tv anymore! Was anyone else crying like a baby when Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh won Olympic Gold?
Here are the questions from Jessica:
1. What is your Favorite sport? Basketball. I guess because I actually can follow it and I understand the rules (see above).
2. What is your favorite sport team? Since the only sport I really enjoy watching is basketball, I’ve got to go with my hometown team (and they’re not too shabby) The Syracuse Orange Men’s Basketball Team-GO CUSE! Favorite professional team is the Boston Celtics.
3. What is your dream vacation destination? Definitely Italy-The Tuscany region specifically. Without kids.
4. What is your favorite destination you’ve already been? I love Montana and Wyoming. Yellowstone National Park was beautiful. I’m definitely a mountain girl.
5. What is your favorite animal: I never would have thought I’d say this, but since my yard is too small for a dog we own two crazy cats, so I’m going with cats.
6. If you had to rename yourself, which name would you choose? I guess I would choose the name Katherine or Kate. That was the name I had picked out in case we ever had a girl. Pretty, simple and classic.
7.How many states have you been to? I had to get out a map for this one. I’ve actually visited 21 states. One that I’ve never been to that I would love to visit is Hawaii.
8. What is your favorite food? Ravioli
9. What is your favorite song right now? Still Loving I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz. Oh wait, can I pick two? Also loving Sweeter by Gavin DeGraw.
10. Have you ever been SCUBA diving? Nope and I doubt I ever will. Just thinking about all of the things that could go wrong makes me crazy
11. Can you sing? Well, if you ask my Kindergarten students, they would definitely say yes! I sing to them all day long, and they think I’m amazing!!! But anyone else that’s not completely tone-deaf would probably tell you no. But that doesn’t stop me. I sometimes find myself singing into the mic during spin class. 🙂
Now is the part where I’m supposed to nominate 11 blogs. I have to be honest here. Even though I blog a good deal, I really don’t have the time to read too many blogs regularly, and there really aren’t that many of us spin bloggers out there. So following in Jessica’s footsteps, I will nominate one other blog: Lisa @ SpinAsana has a great little blog and I would love to see a new post soon! 🙂
Here are 11 questions for Lisa:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite workout song at the moment?
3. What is your favorite snack (healthy or non-healthy)?
4. If you could do something else with your life other than what you currently do, what would it be?
5. In a perfect world, what Olympic sport would you win a gold medal in?
6. What was the last song that got stuck in your head that you couldn’t get out?
7. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
8. Do you play an instrument?
9. Do you have any pets?
10.What is your favorite season?
11. What is your guilty pleasure?
Let’s get to the playlist: