…of spin bloggers for this amazing honor! Seriously, thank you to Amanda at Spinuse for choosing Chrispins as one of her top inspirational blogs. Amanda is fairly new to blogging, and I’m so glad that she’s joined the ranks of spin bloggers because she posts some amazing tunes and she’s seriously hilarious! I’m so happy that she’s moving to the big city to do what makes her happy!
One of my duties as recipient of this amazing honor is to share with you 7 things about me that you may not have heard. Seriously Amanda, I had to think long and hard about this because truth be told, I’m really not that exciting. But I guess since most of you reading this blog have never met me, it might interest you to know some things about me other than the fact that I am a spinning and music fanatic and I try to lead a healthy lifestyle. Most of you also know that I have a family and I’m a kindergarten teacher. So here are seven things you may not know:
1. I can juggle. I know, right???? When I really want to impress people, I bust out the juggling balls (or apples, oranges, eggs, you know, whatever is on hand that might be good for juggling). This little trick always gets you noticed. Sometimes my husband will tell people at a party or function where there are a bunch of people I don’t know and then I’ll have to do it just to shut them up-not my favorite juggling venue. Mostly I just juggle when the mood strikes. My kindergarten kids always get a big kick out of it. My goal is to juggle while riding spin bike. I haven’t practiced yet, but I’ll let you know how that goes.
2. I am addicted to The Food Network (oh, AND I hate to cook). Weird, I know. I don’t like cooking, but I could watch people do it all day long. My son John once asked me when he was about 5 why I didn’t talk when I cooked like Rachel Ray does. So sometimes when I’m in the kitchen I like to talk it up like the cameras are rolling. I think part of the appeal of Food Network is making fun of the celebrities because they all have some pretty annoying quirks. No one makes fun of them better than this hilarious site: Foodnetworkhumor. Also, have a little crush on Geoffrey Zakarian from Chopped.
3. I am addicted to shoes. Yes, I teach kindergarten and I wear heels to work on a regular basis. Just the other day, someone at work called me a ‘shoe whore’. I’m not sure what that means, but I took it as a compliment. I’m kind of a shorty (5’3″), so heels just make my muscly, short legs look longer and leaner. And yes, sometimes at the end of the day my dogs are barkin’ but it’s all in the name of fashion.
4. Other than the Food Network, I don’t really watch that much television. With my job, and carting the kids all over town and my spin classes, I don’t have a lot of time to sit and watch an entire program with commercials, so I mostly DVR shows that I like during the week and watch them in one marathon over the weekend. Some of my favorites: Modern Family, Hot in Cleveland (love me some Betty White!!!) and 30 Rock. I used to love The Office, but I haven’t found it nearly as entertaining since Michael left.
5. I have a blog, but really, I’m pretty challenged in the area of technology. Blogging and making playlists on the computer is really not that hard. Trust me-if I can do it, anyone can! There are so many times that my kids have to show me how to do things on the computer. I use a Smartboard in my classroom and sometimes when I start to fumble, one of my kinder kids will take over. I just started using a cell phone about a year and a half ago, and pretty much all it does is make calls and text. I didn’t even know how to answer it when I first got it!
6. I go to bed ridiculously early and I get up really early. I am usually in bed by 9 or 9:30 pm. I have been like this for as long as I can remember. Even in college I never liked to stay out late. I usually try to wake up by 5:15 or 5:30 at the latest, so I can get some work done around the house and get everyone else up and out the door before I leave for work around 8. It’s kind of nice to be able to have my breakfast and coffee before anyone else wakes up.
7. I don’t like chocolate, or most sweets for that matter. I eat a mostly healthy, well-balanced diet and I never deprive myself of any food that I want. I try to eat in moderation. I love most carbs. I know that I mentioned earlier that I don’t like to cook, but I do don my cutest apron most Saturdays because my husband and I have made Saturday nights ‘pasta night’ at our house! I love any kind of pasta that doesn’t have red sauce on it. I try to keep it healthy, but some of my favorites are: Penne with Vodka Sauce, Chicken Riggies, Pasta Carbonara and Linguine with White Clam Sauce. You can keep your chocolate and desserts, but pass the pasta please!!!!
So that’s it. Seven things you may not have known about me. I’ve been told on more than one occasion that I’m a little bit quirky. I’ll take that compliment too.